During a good part of 2008-2009 I worked on a technology design project for clients in the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. Aside from having gone there twice to conduct qualitative research, I also collected various links and resources from the internet.
I’m no longer working on the project, but I’m sharing what I found below in hopes that it’ll help others:
- Saudi Jeans: by far the best resource on what’s happening on Saudi Arabia, foreigner friendly and topical
- Saudi TechView: News & commentary on technology in the KSA
- Albaik: Saudi KFC
- User-generated restaurant reviews here and here
- Sadad: Saudi Paypal
- Flickr photos of Arabic packaging and retail identities
- Rotana: media, record label, etc.
- Noon: fun Saudi-themed T-shirts
- Saudi Responsible Competitive Index: corporate social responsibility index
- Global Voices Online’s post on Ramadan TV
And a bonus:
- Excellent Thai food in Riyadh: Villa Restaurant, Al Aruba & Takhassusi St